Pages

Monday, July 1, 2013

Dinner + A Band

Hi hi,


I hope you are all doing fantastic. So far I'm doing good. We are back to San Diego and now getting ready for our next trip to NYC in a couple of days.We had so much fun in LA, and we got to hang out with our friend Kevin. That pie you see at the top might as well be one of the best pizza's I've ever had. Any way you slice it, All'Angolo's is where it's at. This little hole-in-a-wall is tucked in the heart of Korea Town. It seats about, fifteen to twenty and there is some outside sitting, and the food is amazing. We got there around seven  pm, and the place got packed in a matter of minutes. Everything on the menu looked delicious and for sure this little Italian place is definitely on our list of places to eat next time we are in LA.

What we got:

Calamari Fritti- you will die for the sauce.
The Emiliana- mozzarella, prosciutto, parmigiano, arugula, balsamic vinegar. 
The Capricciosa- tomato, mozzarella, olives, ham, artichoke, mushroom.



We asked Giuseppe Musso, the owner, what the secret to having such good food was and he told us that everything they used was fresh. Fresh veggies, great cuts of meat from the butcher, fresh homemade pizza dough, fresh pasta etc..This place sure is Sicily in America. 


Did I mention how cute this place is? I think you should see it for yourself and let me know.


After we devoured our pies, we got down to why we were really in LA.
Meet George Lewis Jr, a.k.a, the man behind Twin Shadow. 

This pic was borrowed from the net.

Ok, what can I say...just listen to this band and you'll know why we love it, and why Georgie loves Georgie.
This was yet another Goldenvoice production so it was bound to be good.
I have never been to The Fonda, but I must say that this is such a beautiful venue, even though a little bit of my heart belongs to The Casbah.







Spotify This:

Run My Heart

Five Seconds

Golden Light



 I hope you all enjoy Twin Shadow and enjoy eating at All'Angolo's. Let me know how you like both.Thank you for reading.

Sincerely
K.
**********

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/9660449/?claim=gwkfc3cab2y">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

2 comments :

  1. I just love finding those 'hole in the wall' places. That pizza looks really amazing!
    xo
    styleontheside.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caroline, It is amazing. I hope you get a chance to try it.

      Delete