Pages

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

KATSUYA

Hi hi,


I hope you are all doing well, I'm doing great and on day three of my semi-master cleanse and so far I have lost two pounds. 
Anyway, so last night our friend Kevin, invited Chris, Trina and I to Katsuya, which is part of  The Andaz Hotel, for a complementary dinner to try out their new menu. We have never been here before but we were so excited for some free food, as anyone would be.


Let's start with the ambiance, well, think of Mizumi at The Wynn, Las Vegas, the red and white decor, mimicking the Japanese flag, this place has the same feel. Very fancy I must say. From the tall bar stools, to the open floor plan that flows very well through the entire restaurant, the open kitchen, large windows and doors, gigantic crystal chandeliers, leather benches and the perfectly curated close-ups of high resolution photos that accentuated the contours of a woman's individual facial features.


Did I mention how amazing the service was. Our waiter was beyond great, the food came out at the perfect timing. There is nothing as irritating as waiting for what would seem like hours for food. He checked on us every time, the manager stopped by our tables, the busboy was outstanding, I'm sure if we asked for the chef he would have stopped by too.


The Food:

When you hear, complementary food, you would generally not expect good food. I must say, that was our reaction too. How can I describe the food, everything we ate we thought it was better than the last thing we had just had. By the way, not all the pictures made it to the blog. At the end of our dinner we tried to rate all twelve dishes we had we could not all agree on what the best dish was. Some really, liked the pork belly sliders, some liked the smoked albacore with crispy onions, (never made it to the blog) and we could not agree on which creme brulee we liked out of the three.Yes everything was that good. If I may take the words right out of Joe Bastianich's mouth, the flavors did come together like an orchestra playing a symphony all at the same time.-good one Joe-.




I really do hope you try Katsuya, It is amazing. 
Thank you for reading and please leave comments.

Sincerely
K.
**********

NOTE: All the pictures were taken using an iPhone under low lighting. 

1 comment :

  1. Kevin gets not one but TWO shout outs? Who is this guy....

    ReplyDelete