Pages

Monday, June 24, 2013

DIY Burlap Place-mats

Hi hi,



I'm hoping you are all doing fantastic so far, I'm doing very well myself. It's been so lovely outside lately it makes me so happy. So, we attempted to go out for some late afternoon garage sales on Saturday to pick up a few things to incorporate in our decor-I believe that one man's trash could truly be one girl's treasure-but we were too late, we got to Kensington and everyone was closing down shop. Uggh!! I need to find frames. Better luck next time.

My white shabby dinning table is a stain magnet. We made pulled pork the other night and as we were picking at it the juices kept dripping and staining our table. I'm so over cleaning it all the time that I decided to make place-mats with some extra burlap fabric I had. It took me about twenty minutes to make four of these and they were so easy and so much fun to make, since I just used stuff I picked up around the house and some borrowed buttons from Chris' mommy.








These are perfect for our outdoor table for when we have dinner outside.

I hope you all have fun making these and let me know how yours turned out or what you did different.

Thank you for reading.
Sincerely
K.
**********




2 comments :

  1. This is such a great idea! I will definitely making these at some point.

    www.artpoliticslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nicole, I love your blog. Thank you for reading.

      Delete