Pages

Monday, November 18, 2013

DIY: Gold Feather Headband

Hello,

The holidays are almost officially here. Yaay!! So last night I was online looking at the S/S 2014 accessory trend  (OMG so many cute things) and I happen to stumble upon all these lovely ideas for the blog. From flower wreaths, which is not that groundbreaking when you hear spring, but the key is delicate. It also seems like gold is making a come back, unless if it was back and I had no clue, nevertheless, gold to me has always been one of those metallic colors that I'm so, so about. Sometimes I like it, sometimes I don't, on everyone else it looks amazing, thank god for the person who came up with rose gold, which is a fancy name for copper, and a nicer way to look at soldering wire in my opinion. 

With that being said, I'm yet another victim of this gold bug that is going around. I'm going through a serious gold phase right now and I guess in some way, it's good to know I'm keeping up with the trend.

 I was having a chat with my good friend Tam the other day, and he was telling me about a feather headband he had seen on Pinterest. So I thought to myself, how can I incorporate, the feathers (especially since I had a whole bag at home) and gold, without being too obvious. "A gold feather headband". I did some digging online, and little did I know I had all the supplies.  


 SUPPLIES:
Some feathers (you can find these at any craft store)
Hot glue gun and glue sticks
Plain fabric headband (I had an old one but also any craft store would have this)
18K gold leafing pen (Also can find at any craft  store)


HOW TO:

Protect your work surface, since the gold leafing pen dries fast, you might not be able to clean after.
Start by painting the feathers, there really isn't a right or wrong way, mine had some white showing.
I painted my headband with the pen also just in case you could see through the feathers
After all feathers are painted and dry, begin assembling your headband, using the hot glue. Do not overdo it with the glue, a little will go a long way.


Have fun making this headband, and let me know how yours turns out. 
Sincerely 
K.
**********


1 comment :