Pages

Friday, November 15, 2013

RECIPE: Spiced Mixed Nuts

Hi hi,

Today felt like it went so fast, I stayed home all day and decided to come up with easy recipes that everyone can make..This spiced nuts medley that I threw together was inspired by a pre-made nut mixture I had purchased for my Stella and Dot party last weekend.

They seemed to be a big hit and as much as I wanted to take credit for them, I couldn't do it with a straight face . I wanted to make something I can truly give the recipe if I had to...and here we are. Nuts are a healthy snack that nearly everybody likes... pair them with some craft beer or even a cheese platter and all your guests will be talking!


SUPPLIES:
About a pound mixed nuts
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon minced nutmeg
About 2 sprigs of rosemary
1/4 cup of olive oil.


HOW TO:
Preheat the oven to 350, in a medium baking sheet spread out the nuts and bake for about 10 mins, checking regularly. Do not over cook as  you may burn the nuts.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine all the dry ingredients. Add olive oil and mix together till mixture is like soft paste.
In a large bowl, put toasted nuts and mix the paste till all nuts are covered.
Serve.

Enjoy these spiced mixed nuts. 
Sincerely
K.
**********

No comments :

Post a Comment